Workshop on: College Vision and Mission: A Step Towards Academic Accreditation
A workshop on "College Vision and Mission A Step Towards Academic Accreditation" was held on Monday, 09-05-2016, at 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at Hall No. 32 in the Faculty of Law Building. The workshop was presented by experienced academics in quality and accreditation from the college of Education The workshop included a number of themes as shown below. :
- Graduates Attributes of Sultan Qaboos University.
- Vision and Mission. Of the College- Review
- Course description plan.
- Practical applications
Workshop on: The effectiveness of academic advising in the college of law
The college of law, SQU organized a workshop on the effectiveness of academic advising on Thursday, 23/3/2017. The workshop was held in the conference hall on the first floor of the college. The workshop was presented by Dr. Sufian Eltayeb, the Head of Quality Assurance and Academic Accreditation Unit, college of Law, and Buthaina Mohammed Baqer, member of the Academic Advising Committee in SQU. A group of faculty attended the workshop. The workshop addressed the following:
- Introducing the concept of Academic Advising
2- Defining the role of Academic Adviser
- Explain the importance of Academic Advising on the education process
4- Discussthe objectives of Academic Advising
5- Discuss the cases of academic probation
Workshop on: Course File
The college of Law organized in collaboration with the Center of Excellence in Education and Learning a workshop on how to prepare the course file. The workshop was delivered by Dr. Nora Hamdi Nasr, Assistant Professor, Curriculum and Teaching Department, college of Education.
The workshop was attended by a group of faculty members , the Dean of the College, Assistant Dean and Heads of Departments of the College, in addition to the presence of Prof. Thuwiba Al-Barawania, Director of the Center of Excellence in Education and Learning
The workshop covered the following topics:
- How to prepare the course file.
- The importance of preparing the course file.
- Course file and its importance in the process of academic accreditation.
- Objectives of the course file.
- Components of the course file.
- Course plan and how to build it
- Defining the assessment tools (Rubrics).
Workshop by German Foundation for Academic Quality and Accreditation (AQAS)
On the invitation of the Quality Assurance and Academic Accreditation Unit (AQAS), the College received the AQAS delegation on Sunday 5 March 2017. The delegation met with the academic staff of the faculty and provided an enlightenment on the work of AQAS in the field of academic accreditation.
Workshop on the Moodle
The college of Law organized, in collaboration with the Center for Educational Technologies, the Education and Learning Department, workshops on:
• Configure the Course settings in the Moodle
• Course building: Add sources.
• Course building: chat rooms and forums
The workshops were presented by Sultan Bin Saeed Bin Humaid Al Farsi
The workshop was attended by a group of faculty members, headed by the Dean of the College and his assistants and heads of departments.
Workshop by on Academic Accreditation: Procedures and Preparation of Self-Study Study 8-9/ 5/ 2018
The college of Law organized in collaboration with the (FIBAA) a workshop on academic accreditation: the procedures and preparation of the self-study report. The workshop was delivered by Lars Weber, Executive Director of the (FIBAA) and supervisor of the academic accreditation process. The workshop was attended by a group of faculty members, headed by the Dean of the College and his Assistants and heads of departments
The workshop covered the following themes:
- Discuss the procedural steps for academic accreditation.
- Discuss how to prepare self-study report.
3- Explain the steps of the On-site visit
- Discuss the conditions for granting accreditation.
At the end of the workshop, certificates of participation were distributed to attendees
Workshop: Academic Accreditation: Requirements and Assessment levels (Rubrics)
The college of Law organized, in collaboration with the Center of Excellence in Education and Learning, a workshop on: Academic Accreditation: Requirements and Assessment Levels (Rubrics). The workshop was held on Thursday (07/02/2019) at 09:00 - 01:00. The workshop was held in Hall No. 33 at the College. The workshop was attended by a group of faculty members, headed by the Dean of the College and his Assistants and heads of departments at the college.
The workshop aimed to enable the participants to :
- . Learn how to prepare rubrics for Assessment
- . Learn how to prepare the learning outcomes.
- Know how to align GA with POLs with CLOs and NQF
- Link the output of the workshop to the requirements of academic accreditation and the Strategic Plan 2016-2040 and the Executive Plan of the College 2016-2020
. Workshop Themes
- Learning Based Outcomes
- . Align the graduates’ attributes with the academic program objectives with the learning outcomes of the courses
- . Explain Assessment Methods
- Methods of assessment (Rubrics)
At the end of the workshop, certificates of appreciation were distributed to the workshop and attendees