Department of Ophthalmology at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences in Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) is recognized as a leading ophthalmic center in the country. The department provides high quality care for diverse eye problems is a training base for eye care professionals and cultivates and promotes the science of ophthalmology in the country through academic programs and pursuit of research. Fully equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic tools, the department offers the best in ophthalmic subspecialty services.
Subspecialty/ Service Head of Service
1. Cornea, External diseases and Uveitis : Dr .NadiaAl Kharousi
2. Cornea Refractive Clinic : Dr .Ahmed Al Maskari
3. Oculoplasty : Dr. Abdulla Al Mujaini
4. Vitreoretinal diseases : Dr. Ahmed Al Hinai and Dr Mohamed Al Abri
5. Neuro ophthalmology : Dr Buthaina Al Sabt
6. Glaucoma : Dr.Aisha Al Busaidi
7. Pediatric ophthalmology, Strabismus : Dr Sana Al Zuhaibi and Dr Anuradha Ganesh
8. Ocular Genetics : Dr.Sana Al Zuhaibi and Dr Anuradha Ganesh
9. Visual electro diagnostic unit : Dr .Sana Al Zuhaibi and Dr Anuradha Ganesh
10. Low vision and Contact lens service : Ms .Bushra Al Jabri
Vision and Mission
- To be a premier eye care provider in the country and region
- To provide best training for future ophthalmologist and to conduct research in ophthalmology.
- To perform our duties through
- A fair and open-minded leadership
- Competent of professional staff
- Acquisition of the latest technology, equipment and facilities
- Excellence in the maintenances Supplies.
To provide teaching, research and patient care at the highest and most competitive international level.