The College of Nursing’s Alumni Association started in 2008 with 43 members. The first Alumni Association meeting was held on February 24, 2011 at Grand Hyatt Hotel in Muscat and during this meeting, the current CON Alumni Board and Executive Committee was elected.
The number of Alumni has now increased to more than 400, which gives the alumni association great hope and anticipation about the future. The goal of the Alumni Association is to establish links between the graduates and the College.
The specific objectives of the Alumni Association are to:
- Strengthen links and networks among the graduates.
- Establish links between graduates and the existing students of the CON.
- Foster conducive environment for sharing professional knowledge among the Alumni.
- Recognize meritorious performance of students through award of prizes.
- Organize social events for alumni, students, faculty, and community members.
- Serve as a resource group in activities of the CON at SQU.