The Chair was launched in 2001 to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of advanced biotechnologies. It serves as a means of facilitating collaboration between SQU researchers and teaching staff and other institutions in the Gulf region.
· Establish integrated research programs in marine biotechnology
· Introduce the best approaches to marine research
· Conduct genetic studies to develop innovative methods in medical and biological sciences
· Create collaborative opportunities for SQU researchers at the world level
· Seek support for research projects
· Promote cooperation with relevant local, regional and international institutions
· Support postgraduate programs and training