Applied Mathematics (Full-time)
Chemistry (Full-time and Part-time)
Computer Sciences (Full-time and Part-time)
Environmental Science (Full-time)
Petroleum Geosciences (Full-time and Part-time)
Physics (Full-time and Part-time)
Pure Mathematics (Full-time)
Minimum Admission Requirements:
1. Candidates must have Bachelor degree in one of these disciplines in Science , Education(Science and Mathematics) from Sultan Qaboos University, or from any recognized university.
2. A Cumulative Grade Point Average of not less than 2.75 on a 4.00 scale or equivalent in any other system and the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies will make the assessment for equivalency acceptance.
3. Work experiences is a must for candidates with Cumulative Grade Point Average between 2.74 and 2.5 in the Bachelors degree.
4. Applicant from other disciplines can apply for a program, but may be required to take bridging courses. Some of the courses may be offered in the morning time.
5. Achieve Band (6) in IELTS Academic with a minimum of 5 in each of its components or (550) in the TOEFL paper-based or (213) in TOEFL through the computer or (79) in the TOEFL through the Internet.
6. Pass the written test and/or interview held in the department. (if necessary)
7. Applicants must have completed all requirements for the Bachelor’s degree.
8. For M.Sc. in Environmental Science, Applicants should have a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Commerce, Medicine, Geography or Agriculture.
9. For M.Sc. in Computer Science, technical knowledge is required in programming, data structures, algorithms, operating systems, networks and software engineering. The competency of applicants in these topics will be evaluated through admission exam and/or interview.