Registration & Graduation FAQ

How can I register my courses?

• Each student should have a degree plan from his/her department.
• Register for courses or thesis online (to learn how to register online please visit the website:
• Pay the tuition fees online

How can I get a username and password for course registration?

A student can obtain the user name and password by visiting the website:

Where can I get my degree plan?

You can get a copy of your degree plan from your department.

For how long I can postpone my study?

A student may be granted permission to postpone study in a postgraduate program if there are compelling reasons for it, such as health or family pressures. Normally such a postponement must be processed within the withdrawal period and should not exceed two semesters.

If I got an “F” grade in any course, what should I do?

A student who earns an ‘F’ grade should submit a sufficient evidence to the college. The student may be reinstated on probation and must repeat the required course in which he/she attained an “F” grade. A second occurrence of an ‘F’ grade, whether in the same course or a different one, will result in mandatory withdrawal.

If I enrolled in a master's degree, but for some reasons I decide to obtain a postgraduate diploma?

Students who do not wish to continue the study in the master's program can obtain a postgraduate diploma certificate, provided that they passed a minimum of 21 credits of postgraduate courses with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.

How many semesters I can extend, if I completed the official period of the program?

An extension of up to one semester may be approved by the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies on the recommendation of the supervisor and the College Dean.

What are the procurers to apply for study extension?

A student can apply for an extension by filling the Extension Form and get the required approvals.

When I can register for my thesis?

A student can register for thesis if he/she completed 12 credit hours with a CGPA of at least 3.00.

Is it allowed to repeat some of my degree plan courses?

A student may repeat a maximum of two courses in which a grade less than a “B” was attained. Only the most recent grade will contribute to the cumulative GPA. A course with an F grade must be repeated

In which cases I will be on probation?

  •  A masters and doctoral student whose cumulative GPA falls below 3.00 is on probation and has one semester only (excluding summer) within which to regain this minimum standard.
  • A postgraduate diploma student whose cumulative GPA falls below 2.75 is on probation and will have a maximum of one semester (excluding summer) within which to regain this minimum standard.
  • A student who earns an ‘F’ grade.

How I can identify the postgraduate courses?

Courses numbered 6000 and above are normally for the exclusive access of postgraduate students. A student may take a maximum of two undergraduate final year courses (4000-5000 level courses) for postgraduate credit if allowed by the specific degree plan. Any other additional courses numbered below 6000 will appear on the student’s transcript but will not contribute to the graduating GPA, nor to the total credits required for graduation.

What are the bridging courses?

Candidates whose academic background is considered to be deficient in the proposed area of specialization will be required to take some specified courses to cover the deficiencies. Such bridging courses must be completed with a CGPA of 2.75 within a period of one year.

What is the conditional admission?

Conditional admission status is given to an applicant who is admitted on the provision that one or more of the primary admission requirements, which may be lacking, will subsequently be fulfilled.

Can I register for postgraduate courses if didn’t met the English language requirement?

 A student is not allowed to register for postgraduate courses if he/she did not meet the English language requirement.

When I can give my first and second seminars of my thesis?

Candidates undertaking a research thesis must give two seminars during their course of study. The first presentation should be made within the first two semesters of research work and will cover the background, objectives and proposed methodology. The second seminar will cover the significant results and conclusions of the project research, and must be held before the thesis defense.

How to write my thesis?

A student must follow the general format of thesis.

What is the deadline of submitting the final bonded copies of my thesis?

The thesis shall be submitted in its final format to the ADPSR within one month from the date of the successful defense.

Can I receive my completion of degree before submitting the required copies of my thesis?

Two bound copies of the final version of the thesis, in the correct format, plus the clearance form, must be submitted to the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies to be eligible to receive the completion of degree notification.

What is the deadline to include my name in Fall Graduation Ceremony?

Conferral of degrees will be decided by the University. A student may receive the certificate in the Fall Ceremony if all requirements stated in Sections 9.4, 10.4 and 11.4, depending on the degree, are completed four weeks before the graduation ceremony.

Can I receive my certificate before the graduation ceremony?

A student can only receive his/her certificate at or after the Graduation Ceremony.