The Postgraduate Studies Board is chaired by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Postgraduate Studies & Research and its members include the Dean of Postgraduate Studies (Board's Deputy Chair), the Dean of Admissions & Registration, and the colleges' Assistant Deans for Postgraduate Studies & Research. Two members of the faculty (Associate Professor or Professor) are appointed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Postgraduate Studies & Research for a period of two years.
The general functions of the Board are:
- To study and conduct periodic reviews of academic regulations.
- To evaluate and recommend postgraduates programs proposed by various colleges.
- To develop the standards necessary to maintain the academic quality of postgraduate programs.
- To make future plan for postgraduate studies.
- To assess the annual report for postgraduate studies before submitting to the Vice-Chancellor.
- To evaluate the annual budget for postgraduate studies.
- To study other matters brought to the Board.
The Postgraduate Studies Board shall meet at least once per semester at the request of the Chair. The Board can establish subcommittees from its members or others to help in the execution of its duties.