Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
Academic Vacancies at the College of Education
Sultan Qaboos University, the national University of the Sultanate of Oman, provides a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and extension activities through its nine colleges. Instruction is in English in Colleges of Agricultural & Marine Sciences, Commerce & Economics, Engineering, Medicine & Health Services, Nursing, and Sciences. In colleges of Art & Social Sciences, Education, and Law the main medium of instruction is Arabic, but a few programs are bi-lingual or taught in English. Vacancies for Academic Year 2012/13 in the College of Education at SQU and contact details of College of Education are given here. Complete details of each position can be found in the College of Education’s website.
Sultan Qaboos University, is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from attractive competitive tax-free base salary. SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including a hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days research leave (condition apply), an initial two year contract followed by rolling three year contracts. More information about Oman, and the University can be obtained from the website.
The vacant positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before September 2012, will receive the strongest consideration. Minimum requirements for Assistant, Associate and Full Professor rank is a Ph.D. from a recognized university. Interested candidates should submit a statement of interest, a detailed curriculum vitae and names and addresses of three referees to the respective college.
- Professor: Islamic Sharia
Foundations & Educational Administration
- Professor: Planning & Educational Administration.
- Associate Professor: Educational Planning.
- Assistant Professor: Educational Supervision / Educational Administration.
Associate Professor: Special Education, Learning Difficulties, Career Counseling & Guidance, Educational Psychology, Applied Psychology.
- Assistant Professor: Psychological Measurement. Psychological Guidance.
- Assistant Professor: Exercise, Gymnastics and Kinesthetic expression. (Female)
Educational & Learning Technologies
- Professor/Associate Professor: Educational Technologies (Taught in English)
- Lecturer/Assistant Technician
Curriculum & Instruction
Professor/ Associate Professor / Assistant Professor: Mathematics.
- Professor / Associate Professor: English as Foreign Language.
- Associate Professor/Assistant Professor: Physical Education.
- Assistant Professor: Assistant Professor.
Early Childhood Education
- Associate Professor/Assistant Professor: Early Childhood Education (Taught in English)
- Practicum/ Field-work Supervisor
- Director of the Child Care Center According
to the Conditions
Read more details about theses positions
The applicant must
- Have a Ph.D. Degree from a recognized University and must have published papers in specialized journals in the field.
- Applicants applying for posts in the following departments: Educational & Learning Technologies, Curriculum & Instruction, Educational Administration, and Early Childhood) must be:
- Graduates of universities from English-speaking countries.
- Experienced in Postgraduate Student Supervision.
- Skilled in computer & modern technologies.
- All applicants must attach the following documents to their CVs.
Copies of their abstracts of (PhD, Masters degree, and published papers).
Copies of their certificates and support papers.
Copy of their valid passport.
Two recent photos.
If you have a problem in submitting the form or uploading your CV please contact
the College Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Education,
Sultan Qaboos University