- Applicants should have a Bachelor's of Art Education or Bachelor of Art Literature, specialization in Visual Arts or Fine Arts or Graphic Design with Cumulative Grade Point Average of not less than 2.75 on a 4 point scale, or
- A Bachelor's degree from any other recognized institution in a field related to the program with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 on a 4-point scale or its equivalent in another system and the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies will make the assessment for equivalency acceptance, or
- Two year’s Work experience in teaching is a must for candidates with Cumulative Grade Point Average between 2.5 and 2.74 in the Bachelor degree.
- Candidate should provide an Art portfolio/ record of achievements which include evidence related to skills of the candidate, his thoughts, interstates, and achievements in different forms of artworks, pictures, certificates, unit plans for teaching art his/her students, and samples of his/her student's artworks, whether in the form of papers, CD or USB.
- Applicant must submit a release letter or a study leave from employer for full time study or no objection letter for part-time study, addressed to the dean of Postgraduate Studies at SQU. Un-employed applicant needs to submit a statement from The Public Authority of Manpower Register documenting the unemployment status of the applicant.