The office of the DVC-AACS has the responsibility for academic policy assessment and development, to oversee quality assurance processes, and to improve the quality of teaching, learning and support services at the University. Student is the center of the DVC-AACS focus.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor has identified Four main challenges in academic environment at the University, namely:
- Student life at SQU - to ensure that the student spends his/her period at SQU enriching knowledge and becoming productive person that prepares for a long life self learning and becomes an effective and productive Citizen.
- Academic Staff at SQU - to ensure that the Academic staff gets the support that needed to guarantee his/her outstanding deliverables
- Curriculum Design and Delivery - to ensure that SQU is a Knowledge/Research base Institution and information technologies enrich and enhance the academic experience
- In Design: Consider Scientific merit, Omani heritage, Curriculum Integration, Globalization, soft skills and HSE issues.
- In Delivery: Consider Support Services at SQU, latest technology, Leaning Stimulants, Group projects and effective discussions.
- Support Services- to ensure that the support facilities deliverables and its usage is well optimized