Master of Education in Curriculum & Methods of Teaching Science
Course Work and Thesis or Course Work only
Full-time or Part time
2 Years for Full-time and 3 Years for Part-time
Name: Prof . Sulaiman Al-Balushi
Courses and Thesis track:
- Completing 8 courses (24 credit hours) and thesis (6 credit hours) in the first year for Full Time students and in Two years for Part Time students.
- Upon completing the courses only students with 3.0 GPA and above can proceed to the Thesis Phase.
Course Only track:
- The student studies 12 courses (36 credit hours) in four full-time semesters, or in six part-time semesters. This program requires that student study an elective course in English language (3 credit hours) from the College of Sciences at the level of 4000 and above.
- A Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry, Physics or Biology with a postgraduate diploma in Education with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 on a 4-point scale or its equivalent in another system and theDeanship of Postgraduate Studieswill make the assessment for equivalency acceptance,or
- Two year’s Work experience is a must for candidates with Cumulative Grade Point Average between 2.5 and 2.74 in the Bachelor degree.
Before starting the program, the admitted candidates should submit an English Proficiency Test Certificate band (4) or higher in academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic or a score of (39) or higher in the International TOEFL – IBT.
In addition to the GPA there will be an admission exam for all applicants and those who pass the exam shall be called for an interview.