Guidelines & Regulations:
The Student should note and obey the following:
1- The Clinical Elective Program in the college can accommodate a limited number of students for a maximum of eight weeks.
2- Applicants must be in the clinical or clerkship phase of their program.
3- The Clinical Elective Program is entirely educational and no salary is paid to the students.
4- The completed elective application forms must reach the Clinical Elective Office at least three months prior to the proposed elective, but not more than nine months.
5- The proposed period of elective for each attachment must be clearly entered on the application forms as well as the expected date of graduation. The forms should be accompanied by the following documents:
- Letter requesting elective attachment from the student's medical school to the Dean of College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University/ the Clinical Elective Coordinator.
- A reference letter from one of the tutors from students’ medical school.
- An official transcript.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Proof for Personal Health Insurance.
- Students’ Immunization Form (For the International Students only).
6- Application will be processed upon receiving the above documents along with the completed application forms.
7- Students must make their own arrangements to obtain visit visa from the Oman Embassy or its representative office in their country.
8- Elective training is offered without tuition fees.
9- Students' accommodation is depending on its availability. If available, the accommodation will be offered for Rials Omani 120-130/-per month (approximately US$ 350.00). The student is asked to pay a one-month deposit upon arrival and the deposit is refundable upon departure.
10- The Clinical electives can be arranged in any months of the year depends on the available vacancies and the hosted departments approval.
11- The electives can be arranged in any of the following specialties depending on the availability of spaces:
1. Internal Medicine and subspecialties (General Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology, Oncology, Gastrology, Infection Diseases, Nephrology, Endocrine, Pulmonology & Rheumatology)
2. Surgery and subspecialties (General Surgery, Trauma, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, ENT, Urology, Vascular Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Hepatobiliary).
3. Obstetrics & Gynecology (only for female students).
4. Child Health.
6. Emergency Medicine.
7. Family Medicine & Public Health.
8. Anesthesia & ICU.
11. Clinical Physiology.
12. Clinical Biochemistry.
14. Microbiology & Immunology.
15. Dental & Maxillofacial Surgery.
16. Clinical & Biomedical Physics.