Sultan Qaboos University offers Postgraduate Programs (Doctoral , Master’s and Postgraduate Diploma) for Omani and International students 2020/2021
Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
The following table displays the admissions required for the (CGPA) in (4.00) point scale or equivalent. The Deanship of Postgraduate Studies will make the assessment for equivalency acceptance.
Applicants must upload the attested academic certificates and certificate equivalence if it is issued outside the Sultanate of Oman by Ministry of Higher Education in Oman for Omani and non-Omani applicants through their website
Applicant must have a degree from Sultan Qaboos University, or any other recognized institution in a field related to the program applied for.
English language is a prerequisite for postgraduate studies in SQU. Where language of instruction is English and Arabic, post-graduate diploma, master's and doctoral programs required evidence of the minimum English proficiency for admission. Proof of English proficiency must be demonstrated by either:
The University will use the following table for comparison between IELTS and TOEFL scores:
Waiver of English Language Proficiency Requirements:
Submission of applications will be as the following dates.
Documents needed: Applicants for Postgraduates Programs must upload the following documents electronically into the online application system. (PDF or JPG formats only)
1. Attested Degree Certificate:
For PhD programs, a Master Degree and Bachelor Degree Certificates are required
For Master and Postgraduate Diploma program, a Bachelor degree is required
2. Attested Official Transcripts:
For PhD programs, Master Degree transcript is required
For Master and Postgraduate Diploma programs, Bachelor degree transcript is required
The grade classification key which can be found at the back of the official transcript must be submitted.
3. Curriculum Vitae (CV): It must shows personal information, current employment details and previous experience.
4. English Proficiency Test Certificate: Applicant must submit an (IELTS) Academic, or (IBT) TOEFL international test results with the required level for the program applied for, provided that the test date is not less than two years from the date of the application submission period. (Test results must be submitted before 1/8/2020, except for the translation program which requires the English Proficiency Test Certificate to be submitted before sitting for the written test).
5. Passport: (Visa copy must be shown for non-Omani resident applicants).
6. Identification Card or Residency Card.
7. A Study Leave from employer: For full-time study and part-time study, a no-objection letter must be submitted and addressed to the Dean of Postgraduate Studies at SQU. Unemployed applicants must submit a statement from The Public Authority of Manpower Register, which states that they are unemployed. (can be submitted before 1/8/2020)
8. A Personal Photo, with blue or white background.
9. (PhD Applicants only) A proposal that explains applicants' research topic, research problem, objectives, questions and method of data collection.
10. (PhD Applicants only) Two recommendation letters from academics attesting to the applicant’s competence in the discipline of interest and their research capability.
Application process and Admission procedures for postgraduate programs at Sultan Qaboos University
10 steps to study at SQU for postgraduate programs
Step 1. The Deanship of Postgraduate Studies offers various programs each year
Step 2. Check the program you would like to join for.
Step 3. Application Period.
Step 4. Create user name and password through our online system at https://pas.squ.edu.om
Step 5. Fill the Electronic form and uploading Required Documents.
Step 4. E-payment application fees.
Step 5. Confirmation of receipt request.
Step 6. Applications are sent to colleges for assessment.
Step 7. Receiving all applications results
Step 8. Inform the Admission results for applicants. (Admitted and not Admitted)
Step 9. The deadline to fulfill the requirements.
Step 10. Receipt students ID cards and Strat the program
Submitted through our online system at https://pas.squ.edu.om
Please note: Application fees are non –refundable even if the application is either rejected or cancelled.
Meeting the required Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is one of the critical application requirements for the postgraduate programs at Sultan Qaboos University. The University uses a grading classification system that consists of four points-scale. Since that many academic institutions do not use this system, candidates with degrees that do not follow the four points scale should submit a certificate equivalency request by clicking the link below.
Note that the equivalency result will be as following and no numbers will be given:
1. Fulfilled the GPA requirement for application and competing for University scholarships.
2. Fulfilled the GPA requirement for application only.
3. GPA requirement is not met.
Submit a request for Grade Equivalency
The University charges tuition fees for enrollment in postgraduate programs and all applicants for these programs are considered at their own expense in accordance with the tuition fees shown on the deanship’s website. The student should perusal the following before enrolling in the postgraduate programs.
Tuition Fees for Master Program with Special Natur
Fees per Credit Hours
Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Law
Tuition Fees for Master Program by Courses + Thesis Option
Tuition Fees for PhD & Master Program by Thesis Option Only
Bridging Courses Fees
English Language Course Fees
*Science Colleges: (Medicine and Health Sciences, Engineering, Science, Agricultural and Marine Sciences, Nursing).
*Humanity Colleges: (Arts and Social Sciences, Education, Law, Economics and Political Science).
1.The electronic payment period is specified in the course registration announcement for the semester. In case of non-payment with the specified period:
2. Students receiving funding from external sponsors must submit a letter of funding from the sponsor to the Section of Tuition Fees in order to finalize their procedures in the electronic system.
3. After confirming the completion of the withdrawal of the amount from the student’s account and not updating the payment in the student information system, please refer to the section to verify the update of the data.Refund procedures for eligible students (Postponed/withdrawn/drop course) will be made after the end of drop with W period.
Step 1: Read the scholarship guidelines.
Step 2: Student apply online to program (No separate application for scholarship)
Step 3: College nominates eligible students to DPS based on scholarship requirements & number of seats available
Step 4: DPS sends nominated list to DVC-PS&R for approval
Step 5: DPS sends SMS to approved nominated student
Step 6: Student signs contract & fill required forms at Dept. of Scholarship and Financial Support
Step 1: read the sponsorship type, details & requirements.
Step 2: Student apply online to program (No separate application for sponsorship)
Step 3: DPS make the nominated list for those who satisfied the requirements.
Step 4: DPS send the list for approval by the sponsored company or the Dean.
We are Sorry for the inconvenience. The website is still under construction.