The PhD programs at CAMS were started in 2008 with the following objectives:
- To offer advanced research training to the highest level.
- To build high level specialist capacity in Oman in the agricultural, marine and food areas.
- To prepare top students for leadership roles in the public and private sectors.
- To strengthen research and enhance the range of academic programs in the College.
- To attract high caliber local and international students to study issues related to agriculture, marine resources and food in Oman’s unique environments.
- To provide a local PhD study opportunity for qualified students whose circumstances would not normally allow them to leave the country for extended study abroad.
- To raise the international profile of SQU, the national university of Oman.
PhD Programs Offered
At present the following departments offer PhD programs to local and international students on a full-time basis:
Department of Crop Sciences
Department of Food Science and Nutrition
Department of Soils, Water and Agricultural Engineering
Department of Marine Science and Fisheries
Department of Natural Resource Economics
Applications are submitted to the Deanship of Admissions and Registration who ensure that all procedures are in compliance with the University postgraduate regulations. A statement from the applicant on the objectives and goals for enrolment in the doctoral program is required together with three letters of reference, at least two from academics, to show competence in the discipline of interest and research capability. Applicants who are sponsored by their employer must submit letter of release and support for full-time study.
For further details,
Please contact :
Deanship of Postgraduate Studies
Sultan Qaboos University
P.O. Box 50, Al-Khod 123
Sultanate of Oman
Tel: +968 2414 5901