SQU’s vision is to continue its national leading role in higher education and community service and also to be internationally recognized for innovative research, quality of its graduates, and strategic partnerships.
To excel in teaching and learning, research and innovation, and community service by promoting the principles of scientific analysis and creative thinking in a collegial and stimulating environment and to participate in the production, development and dissemination of knowledge and interact with national and international communities.
Sultan Qaboos University is committed to preserving the following core values:
As stated in the University Law issued by Royal Decree No. 71/2006 dated 2nd July 2006, Sultan Qaboos University aims to achieve the following objectives in the areas mentioned:
- Graduation of alumni cohorts who value their cultural and Islamic heritage and are keen to strengthen their faith in God and their loyalty to the nation and the Sultan.
- Preparation of Omani youth who are strong in morals, committed to scientific inquiry, qualified academically, and trained to be self-dependent and ready for continuous service to their country.
- Preparation of creative and innovative Omani youth who are lifelong self-learners.
- Provision of specialists and experts of Oman in diverse fields, taking into account the changing need of the marketplace and working within the framework of state policy on resource development.
- Constant modernization of the educational process at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Conduct research and studies, both theoretical and applied, to serve the community and contribute to the generation of scientific solution to social and economic problems.
- Research linked to the Sultanate's comprehensive development plans and social vision.
- Preparation of Omani scientists, researchers and experts capable of undertaking organized, systematic and innovative work in diverse areas of science, arts and technology.
Cooperation with Other Academic Institutions
- Participation in community service and development through direct and continuous interaction with economic, social and cultural institutions, and the provision of scientific and technical advice to enable these institutions to utilize the University's skills and expertise.
- Human resources development through continuous academic and training programs for social institutions and through the dissemination of scientific and human knowledge throughout the nation.
- International links and exchange with other academic institutions, particularly those in the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries.
- Interaction with international academic experience in all areas of thought, science and culture.
The use of evaluation studies conducted by consultation teams, particularly in the following areas:
- Organization of the relationship between the University Council and the University's institutions in both academic and administrative spheres in a way that facilitates smooth operation and functioning.
- Development of teaching programs and quality standards and the encouragement of student activities.
- Training that develops academic staff skills and enhances performance; also the creation of appropriate incentives.
- Development of academic research plans and programs and organization of research training.
- Cooperation with leading international universities and institutions.