To be center of excellence in teaching, research and training in geography at the local, regional and international levels.
To provide high quality learning, research and training in the geographical field that promote and challenge individual growth among students.
- To provide an academic environment that encourages students to inquire and explore geographical knowledge.
- To develop students' appreciation of geography as an interdisciplinary subject.
- To assure that geography students develop sound analytical and problem solving skills that make them competitive in the job market.
- To emphasize critical thinking, quantitative reasoning and digital applications in geography.
- To promote applied and theoretical research in geography with special emphasis on research of the social value recognized locally and regionally.
- To provide relevant and practical services to the university and to the local community by promoting faculty and students to provide public lectures, seminars and provision of scientific advice and carry out feasibility studies.