Job Vacancies at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
Department of Accounting
College of Economics and Political Science
For the academic year 2021-2022, Starting date September 2021
At the Assistant Professor level ONLY.
Sultan Qaboos University, the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research, and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including access to hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days research leave (conditions apply), an initial two-years contract followed by rolling three-year contracts.
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before 15th January, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
The Department of Accounting within the College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University invites qualified candidates to apply for the positions. The positions require:
- Candidates should have a PhD in Accounting or related areas (STRICTLY within the Accounting domain ONLY) from an internationally recognized University.
- Candidates should be specialized in at least TWO or more of the following areas: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Accounting Information System, Accounting for Islamic Institutions, Corporate Governance.
- Candidates with professional qualification (such as ACCA or CPA) and industry experience will be given preference.
- Candidates should be able to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels (M.Sc. and MBA), and supervise MSc and PhD Thesis.
- Candidates should be active researchers in their area of specialization and intellectually engaged in their discipline
- Candidates should also have the necessary practical computing skills in their areas of expertise.
- Candidates should be participating members of the university, professional and local communities.
The individual hired will be required to maintain an active research agenda, teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and contribute to the Department and University growth through appropriate services and community activities.
Applications must include:
- Online application form;
- Cover letter;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Statement of research interests;
- Philosophy of teaching;
- Teaching evaluations (if available), (Items 2-6 should be in one file)
- Three letters of recommendation (will be asked later for short-listed applicants)
- Copies of all degree and experience certificates
- Measurable KPIs for planned Teaching, Research and Other Services during the 1st 2 years contract (if hired).
To apply, please complete the online form and submit all the above documents at: https://jobs.squ.edu.om/JobsAdmin/adminjoblisting.aspx
All inquiries should be sent to email@example.com