Admission to the program entails that the applicant must be in possession of the following credentials:
A. A Bachelor degree from a recognized institution in IS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
B. A Master degree in (Information Systems/Information Technology/ Computer Science/ Computer Engineering) or related field from a recognized institution with:
• A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 on a 4-point scale or its equivalent, or
• A cumulative GPA ranging between 2.75 and 2.99 on a 4-point scale or its equivalent, taking into account the applicant’s work experience (not less than 2 years following completion of an undergraduate degree) and any academic activities they are engaged in, or
• Pass/No Pass system, subject to the evaluation of the concerned college
- A release letter or a study leave from employer, addressed to the Dean of Postgraduate Studies at SQU. Un-employed applicant needs to submit a statement from The Public Authority of Manpower Register documenting the un-employment status of the applicants (Local candidate only)
- Two letters of recommendation from the candidate’s previous academic advisor or a faculty member capable of testifying the candidate’s competence in the discipline of interest and research potential.
- A research proposal that demonstrates the candidate’s background knowledge in the topic, the research methodology and proposed research plan.
- A Letter of motivation that specifies candidate’s objectives and determination to work hard on a project
A Resume that shows the candidate’s qualifications, research experience, work experience, research publications, skills, awards and honours received, and any other extracurricular activities.
Before starting the program the admitted candidates should submit an English Proficiency
A. Band 6.5 or higher in the academic International English Language
Testing System (IELTS) or a score of 90 or higher in the International
B. Passing the English Course LANC6001 for applicants with a score of 6 in
the IELTS or a score of 79 in the TOEFL-IBT, or
C. Passing the English courses LANC6000 and LANC6001 for applicants with a score of 5.5 in the IELTS or a score of 69 in the TOEFL-IBT.
There will be a face to face interview for local applicants and phone interview can be arranged for international applicants.