The program will admit students with a master’s degree in management, business administration or related fields. The admission screening procedures will include English proficiency tests, a departmental interview, evaluation of the applicant’s proposal, his/her statement of purpose and other applicable procedures as defined by SQU’s policy 2018. The PhD program will be 100% research based and the official study duration to earn a doctoral degree is up to 3 years’ full-time and 6 years’ part-time. Upon completion of the requirements set forth in SQU Policy 2018, the student will be awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Management.
- Applicants should have a master’s degree in management, business administration or related fields from a recognized university.
- A master cumulative Grade Point Average of not less than 3.00 on a 4-point scale or equivalent in any other system and the Deanship of Postgraduate studies makes the assessment for equivalency acceptance.
- A master’s degree cumulative GPA ranging between 2.75 and 2.99 on a 4-point scale or its equivalent, provided that the candidate has some relevant work experience (not less than 2 years following completion of an undergraduate degree) and any relevant academic activities they are engaged in.
- A resume that shows the candidate’s qualifications, research experience and publications if any, work experience, skills, awards and honors received, and any other extracurricular activities.
- Two letters of reference from academics, to show competence in the discipline of interest and research capabilities.
- A research proposal that demonstrates the candidate’s background knowledge of the topic, the research methodology and proposed research plan.
- Applicant must submit a release letter or a study leave from employer, addressed to the dean of postgraduate studies at SQU. Unemployed applicant needs to submit a statement from The Ministry of Labor documenting the unemployment status of the applicant.