Job Vacancies at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
College of Economics and Political Science
Starting Fall 2022
At the Assistant/ Associate Professor level in the Department of Economics and Finance.
Sultan Qaboos University, the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including access to hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity (conditions apply), subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days’ annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days’ research leave (conditions apply), an initial two-year contract followed by rolling three-year contracts.
SQU is one of the top 500 universities in the world, EQUIS accredited, and one of the best in the Gulf, and the top university in Oman. Visit http://www.squ.edu.om/ and https://www.squ.edu.om/ceps/About-CEPS/CEPS-Vacancies for more information. SQU is strongly committed to equity and diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates in terms of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age and disability status.
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before 31st March 2022 will receive priority consideration. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
Position Requirements: Department of Economics and Finance
The Department of Economics and Finance within the College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University invites qualified candidates to apply for the positions. The position requires:
- Candidates should have a PhD in Finance or related areas from an internationally recognized university.
- Candidates should be specialized in one or more of the following areas: Islamic Banking, Islamic Economics, Shariah-based Investments, and Islamic Insurance.
- Candidates should be able to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels (M.Sc. and MBA), and supervise masters’ thesis.
- Candidates should be active researchers in their area of specialization and intellectually engaged in their discipline
- Candidates should have good publications record with demonstrated ability of publishing in leading Finance/ Economics Journals.
- Candidates should also have the necessary practical computing skills in their areas of expertise.
- Candidate should be a participating member of the university, professional and local communities.
Applications must include:
- Online Application form
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae,
- Statement of research interests,
- Philosophy of teaching,
- Teaching evaluations (if available), (2, 3, 4 and 5 should be in one file)
- Three letters of recommendation (will be asked later for short-listed applicants)
- Copies of all degree and experience certificates
- To apply, please complete the online form and submit all the above documents at: https://jobs.squ.edu.om/JobListing.aspx