Job Vacancies at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
College of Economics and Political Science
For the academic year 2022-2023
At the Associate Professor and Professor levels in the Department of Management.
Sultan Qaboos University (SQU), the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including access to hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days’ annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days’ research leave (conditions apply), an initial two-year contract followed by rolling three-year contracts.
SQU is one of the top global 500 universities (QS World University Rankings 2020), one of the best in the Gulf and the top university in Oman. The College of Economics and Political Science is EQUIS accredited. Visit http://www.squ.edu.om/ and https://www.squ.edu.om/ceps for more information. SQU is strongly committed to equity and diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates in terms of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age and disability status.
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before 31st March 2022 will receive priority consideration. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
Position Requirements: Department of Management
The Department of Management within the College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University, invites applications for fulltime and visiting faculty positions from suitable candidates in the following two areas:
- International Business, Strategy, and Business & Society. The successful candidate is expected to teach courses and supervise postgraduate (MBA, M.Sc. and Ph.D.) students in international business, international management, strategic management, business & society, business ethics, and global business strategy courses. Prior experience of supervising research students in these areas, as well as substantial publications in respected indexed journals will be considered favorably.
- Human Resource Management, Leadership, and Organizational Studies: The successful candidate is expected to teach courses and supervise postgraduate (MBA, M.Sc. and Ph.D.) students in organizational behavior, human resource management, leadership, organization theory and design, organizational development, business ethics, and change management. Prior experience of supervising research students in these areas, as well as substantial publications in respected indexed journals will be considered favorably.
These positions require that:
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Management or Business Administration from a respected/accredited international university.
- Candidates should have experience of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate (M.Sc. and MBA, and Ph.D.) students in aforementioned areas and supervising MBA/M.Sc./Ph.D. research students.
- Candidates should be active researchers in their areas of specialization and intellectually engaged in their discipline
- Candidates with industry experience will be given preference.
- Candidates should also have the necessary practical computing skills in their areas of expertise.
- Candidates for Associate and Full Professor level should have an outstanding scholarship record.
- Candidates should be participating members of the university, professional and local communities.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter,
- Current Curriculum Vitae,
- Statement of research interests,
- Philosophy of teaching,
- Teaching evaluations (if available), (2, 3, 4 and 5 should be in one file)
- Three letters of recommendation (will be asked later for short-listed applicants)
- Copies of all degree and experience certificates
Please apply with all the required documents at https://jobs.squ.edu.om/JobListing.aspx