The department of Arabic and Literatures inspires to be one of the leading departments among the international universities. This can be achieved through designing programs and study plans for Bachelor, Maser’s and PhD levels that contribute effectively in serving the Arab heritage, preserving the Arabic language and introducing it to students in its best form.
The department is keen on instilling the concept of Arabic identity in the students’ minds by urging them to be proud of the Arabic language, and boosting their sense of patriotism. It also seeks to teach Arabic to non-native speakers and qualify specialists in the Arabic language and literature to contribute to the ongoing development of their country.
By the end of their programme, we expect graduates to have achieved the following objectives.
The programme aims to produce the following:
1. To work constantly on developing the department in terms of its faculty, students and programs following its counterparts in the different Arab and international universities.
2. To contribute effectively in the field of scientific research that concerns Arabic and literary studies and work on creating the atmosphere that helps in achieving this.
3. To train Arabic language teachers to teach in the public and private educational institutions.
4. To teach the Arabic language and its literatures to non-native speakers.
5. To improve the linguistic skills of the students, polish their various literary talents and encourage them to produce work of quality.
6. Qualified for employment in archaeology and management of cultural resources.