The Main library conducts orientation programs for Sultan Qaboos University students to introduce its collection, location and services. The students are shown around how to search, retrieve and cite from different sources, step by step from various information resources. At the end of the visit the teacher distributes working sheets for exercise to students and they have to implement searching skills to retrieve information.
To book orientation classes, please follow these instructions:
1. Requests must be submitted 1 week in advance.
2. Copies of Bibliographic instructions / orientations / visits, form are available from Here.
3. Bibliographic instruction / orientation programs are not entertained after 2:00 pm .
4. Students must be accompanied by a faculty member and must report at reference desk, in the ground floor of main library .
5. Number of students normally should not exceed 20 at a time.
6. For further information, contact reference department Ext 5617, 5616.5619
7. Scheduling will be done on first come, first served basis, provide that only one group will be scheduled at a time.
8. The Reference librarian will contact you to confirm the date and time.