Students, faculty and staff have library privileges to support learning and enhance academic success. Accordingly, the Library Administration expects from all to make the best use and follow the rules and guidelines specified in the Students Code of conduct in general and the library in particular, in order to preserve its holdings and position and to continue provide distinguished library services. Therefore, failure of both user and staff to comply with the library code of conduct you will be subject to administrative accountability and possibly legal if necessary. Therefore, we remind all that the library is monitored by CCTV cameras.
- Adhere to the Student Code of Conduct, rules and regulations at the university.
- Keep quiet, and do not make and receive phone calls inside the library premises.
- Music, videos and movies may be watched or listened through headphones at low volume and must not be audible by others.
- Comply with formal university dress, and staff will stop any user with improper dress from entering the library.
- Do not eat or smoke inside the library building.
- Drinking water is limited to plastic bottles with tops only.
- Treat library staff with the respect that they deserve.
- Ensure that all borrowed materials you are carrying have been properly checked out.
- Use library equipment, devices & furniture in a manner that protects them from damage or disruption.
- Keep and protect the confidentiality of your username and passwords, and do not dispose them. Bearing in mind to be responsible for the consequences in case used others.
- Adhere and protect intellectual property when using, coping, and citing library resources for research that stipulated in the Omani Law of Copyrights and neighboring Rights.
- Leave the library immediately on hearing the fire alarm or when asked to do so in an emergency, and follow all other Health and Safety measures.
- You must not leave your personal belongings (books, laptops, book bags, backpacks, etc.) on tables to be vulnerable to theft, and the library will not be responsible for its loss.
- Do not enter non-public areas unless you are accompanied by a staff or through prior authorization from a staff member.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed to enter library premises.
- Provide service, direction and guidance to all users in a professional and courteous manner.
- All library users are received efficiently and in a friendly manner, and the employee will thank the beneficiary upon completing the transaction.
- Do not disclose any confidential information related to the library to any user, whatever the circumstances, except within the scope of your authorization.
- It is not allowed to access the user's accounts except for the user in front of you, or on the phone line.
- Adhere, protect and encourage library users to stick to the Omani Law of Copyrights and neighboring Rights while using library resources.
- Maintain and Keep your workplace clean and tidy.