24th Annual Conference & Exhibition of the Special Libraries Association/ Arabian Gulf Chapter:Big Data and its investment prospects: The way towards knowledge integration
6 - 8 March 2018, Muscat – Oman
Organized in collaboration between the Department of Information Studies and the Special Libraries Association/ Arabian Gulf Chapter
Today’s BigData and Cloud Technology is creating the marketing strategies of the libraries and information centers future. It is predicted that the market for big data will reach $43.3 billion in 2017, growing 6 times faster than the overall IT market, while libraries and information centers are considered the actual repository that users expect to find their needs in. Based on that, the conference intended to:
- Bring together applications from professional researchers, academics, publishers, and users in the area of information studies and related disciplines.
- Expand professional competences and expertise of information programs, library services, and publishers market.
- Increase and encourage information and knowledge values stemming from the massive volume of data which are made available currently and in the near future.
- Explore the approaches for Big Data and Service Sharing in resources, portals, platforms, and open-sources, technology and tools.
- Encourage the issue of Interdisciplinarity in managing Big Data to ensure integration of deep knowledge rather than presenting uniformed learning and training programs.
Help publishers, marketers and information services providers playing the numbers game (analytics) revealing the user side of data aggregation and analysis, the way they compile, assess, and act on.