The Deanship of Student Affairs is responsible for supervising the Center, organizing the dates of the Center's visit and taking advantage of its facilities for university's students, staff and academics, as well as visitors. The large dining hall ( the central restaurant) which is used by the university's male students for daily meals is excluded.
The building consists of two floors, the upper floor of which is designated as the central restaurant hall, which can accommodate 2100 students at the same time. In addition to that, there is a reading and study hall for male students which opens from 8 am to 9 pm except Fridays. It also includes two rooms for student activities specifically for Fine Arts and Photography groups.
The ground floor contains various aspects, including the recreational, educational and commercial ones. The recreational side is in the recreation hall which includes:
1. Bowling Hall: contains a twelve-lane bowling alley, which are designed to the latest international technical specifications in the field of this game and equipped with a distinguished and high quality electronic system. Thus, it can be used to hold professional sports tournament for this game, which attracts a lot of experienced players.
2. Billiard tables: three tables.
3. Table tennis game: two tables.
4. Table football (baby-foot): two tables allocated for this game.
5. One table for ice hockey.
Students exercise these different games according to a specific timetable for male and female students throughout the week. The fees of these games have been reduced for students to be token ones as shown in the following table:
The Center also contains sitting spaces used by students to relax between different lectures and to make use of their leisure time either by chatting, surfing the web which is available through the coverage of Wi-Fi or following-up television programs.
The cultural-educational aspect is represented by the following:
1. Exhibition Hall: where exhibitions, forums and various events organized by the student groups affiliated with the Department of Cultural and Sports activity in the Deanship of Student Affairs or the various faculties at the University are held.
2. Two television rooms: the first one can accommodate 88 students while the second one can accommodate 64 students. These two rooms can be used for holding seminars, extra-curricular lectures and workshops.
3. ICDL Laboratory: offers various courses in computer and other programs under the supervision and organization of the Center for Community Service and Continuing Education at the University.
The commercial aspect is represented by some shops and outlets of commercial institutions and companies offering their products and services to students and stuff of the university, the most important of which are:
1. "Al Fareej Tea" Café: which serves light snacks and various juices
2. Oman Telecommunications Company (Omantel): operator of telecommunications services.
3. Omani Qatari Telecommunications Company (Ooredoo): operator of telecommunications services.
4. Al-Computer Bookshop: which provides paper supplies and stationery.
5. "Al Madina Takaful" company: which provides insurance services of all kinds.
6. " Oman Post": which provides various postal services.
7. Bank Dhofar ATM: Provides withdrawal and deposit cash and checks services, in addition to other services such as paying electricity, water and telephone bills.
8. (Kiosk) Oman Digital: which provides services to clear some government transactions electronically.
9. A counter to sell sweet corn.
10. A counter to sell Ice cream.
The administrative and technical supervision of the daily work of the center is monitored by the Supervision Office, which is managed by the Deanship of Student Affairs.