Job Vacancies at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
College of Economics and Political Science
Academic year 2022-2023
Two positions: Assistant Professor and Associate Professor
Department: Operations Management and Business Statistics
Sultan Qaboos University (SQU), the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including access to hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days’ annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days’ research leave (conditions apply), an initial two-year contract followed by rolling three-year contracts.
SQU is one of the top global 500 universities (QS World University Rankings 2020), one of the best in the Gulf and the top university in Oman. The College of Economics and Political Science is EQUIS accredited. Visit http://www.squ.edu.om/ and https://www.squ.edu.om/ceps for more information. SQU is strongly committed to equity and diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates in terms of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age and disability status.
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before 31st March 2022 will receive priority consideration. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
The College of Economics and Political Science is seeking to appoint an Assistant Professor and an Associate Professor in the areas - Operations Management; Supply Chain Management; Logistics; Procurement; Warehouse/Inventory management; Business Analytics to join the Department of Operations Management and Business Statistics on fulltime contract.
Although all the relevant areas will be considered, we are particularly interested in applicants with teaching, research or scholarship expertise in the following areas:
- Supply Chain and Logistics. The successful candidate is expected to teach courses in supply chain management, logistics, transportation management, purchasing, contracts and negotiations, and inventory/warehouse management.
- Business Analytics. The position requires teaching in big data analytics, data mining, data visualization, machine learning, database management, data analytics software and statistical programming languages (e.g. Python, R).
The positions further require that:
- Applicants should have a PhD in Operations Management or in other area related to Business Analytics, Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Candidates should have experience of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate (M.Sc. and MBA) students in aforementioned areas and supervising M.Sc. research projects in Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Candidates should be active researchers in their areas of specialization and intellectually engaged in their discipline
- Candidates with industry experience will be given preference.
- Candidates should also have the necessary practical computing skills in their areas of expertise.
- Candidates for Associate Professor level should have an excellent research and scholarship record.
- Candidates should be participating members of the university, professional and local communities.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter,
- Current Curriculum Vitae,
- Statement of research interests,
- Philosophy of teaching including a list of courses taught,
- Teaching evaluations (if available), (2, 3, 4 and 5 should be in one file)
- Three letters of recommendation (will be asked later for short-listed applicants)
- Copies of all degree and experience certificates
Please apply with all the required documents at https://jobs.squ.edu.om/JobListing.aspx