Job Vacancies at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
College of Economics and Political Science
For Fall 2022, starting in September 2022
At the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor levels in
Department of Political Science.
Sultan Qaboos University, the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including access to hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, 60 days’ annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days’ research leave (conditions apply).
SQU is one of the top 500 universities in the world, EQUIS accredited, and one of the best in the Gulf and the top university in Oman. Please visit http://www.squ.edu.om/ and https://www.squ.edu.om/ceps/About-CEPS/CEPS-Vacancies for more information.
SQU is strongly committed to equity and diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates in terms of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, and disability status.
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before 31st March 2022 will receive priority consideration. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
Position Requirements: Department of Political Science
The Department of Political Science within the College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University, invites qualified candidates to apply for two positions. requirements:
- Candidates must have a doctorate in political science and / or international law from an internationally recognized university.
- Candidates will be able to teach, among other courses, international law, ethics in politics, women in politics political behavior, political philosophy, political thought and public policy. They will teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and supervise masters and doctoral theses.
- Candidates should be active researchers in their area of specialization and intellectually engaged in their discipline
- Candidates for Associate and Full Professor level should have an outstanding scholarship record.
- Candidates will serve in university, professional and local communities.
Applications must include:
- Online Application form at: https://jobs.squ.edu.om/JobListing.aspx
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae,
- Statement of research interests,
- Philosophy of teaching,
- Teaching evaluations (if available), (2, 3, 4 and 5 should be in one file)
- Three letters of recommendation (will be asked later for short-listed applicants)
- Copies of all degree and experience certificates
- To apply, please complete online form and submit all the above documents at: jhttps://jobs.squ.edu.om/JobListing.aspx