Admission to the program entails that the applicant must be in possession of the following credentials:
A. A Bachelor degree from a recognized institution in IS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
B. A Master degree in (Information Systems/Information Technology/ Computer Science/ Computer Engineering) or related field from a recognized institution with:
• A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 on a 4-point scale or its equivalent, or
• A cumulative GPA ranging between 2.75 and 2.99 on a 4-point scale or its equivalent, taking into account the applicant’s work experience (not less than 2 years following completion of an undergraduate degree) and any academic activities they are engaged in, or
• Pass/No Pass system, subject to the evaluation of the concerned college
- A release letter or a study leave from employer, addressed to the Dean of Postgraduate Studies at SQU. Un-employed applicant needs to submit a statement from The Public Authority of Manpower Register documenting the un-employment status of the applicants (Local candidate only)
- Two letters of recommendation from the candidate’s previous academic advisor or a faculty member capable of testifying the candidate’s competence in the discipline of interest and research potential.
- A research proposal that demonstrates the candidate’s background knowledge in the topic, the research methodology and proposed research plan.
- A Letter of motivation that specifies candidate’s objectives and determination to work hard on a project
A Resume that shows the candidate’s qualifications, research experience, work experience, research publications, skills, awards and honours received, and any other extracurricular activities.