The Main Library aspires to excellence and leadership in the field, to an intellectual influence on the community, and to move forward towards the high ranks of advanced academic libraries through the provision of distinct information resources and services.
To provide a comprehensive and balanced range of high quality information resources to support the academic education and the educational and research needs as well, at local and national level through the collection, organization, and arrangement of information resources, and to facilitate their access.
- Provide an adequate environment for educational & research activities.
- Provide a comprehensive and balanced collection of print and digital information resources related to educational & research programs.
- Provide excellent library services of various types in parallel with user needs and aspirations.
- Raise information awareness among library users through the preparation of information services and marketing programs.
- Rehabilitation and training of staff and students in the field of library science.
- Establish and develop relations of communication & cooperation with other information institutions, at local, regional and international levels.
Library Duties of tasks
- Develop and update the library's collection in both print and electronic format.
- Provide effective access to library collections and resources.
- Analyze and evaluate users' needs in order to provide better services.
- Prepare and provide a better reading environment to students, faculty and staff.
Extend information awareness in the Omani society in general and the University in particular
Ensure quality in the services provided according to international standards.