Civil and Structural Engineering
The section designs and supervises of all civil works and construction of the projects, which include:
- Coordination with the concerned authorities in the country on civil works and construction projects.
- To raise periodic reports on the progress of the projects in coordination with other departments' sections of the University Administration and the projects that are supervised by the section.
- To conduct technical studies for the civil works and construction of projects and accordingly to put proposals.
- Coordination with the beneficiaries of the projects for civil works and find out their needs and its technical study to be taken into account when developing designs.
- Preparation/revision of the requirements of the tender for the civil works and construction in terms of the final designs and bills of quantities and specifications for projects.
- Analysis of tenders with respect to civil works and construction and whatever received from contractors and consultants in coordination with other departments' sections and choose the most appropriate ones.
- Supervising on consultants and contractors to do the necessary work and civil construction for the implementation of the project.
- Follow-up the conduct of civil works in coordination with the consultant and making sure of the conformity as per the contract.
- Coordination with the project end user for their required adjustments related to the civil works and construction, if they want to be added during the course of the project.
- The management of periodic meetings for the civil works at the site with the consultant and contractor and follow-up the flow of works and facilitate technical issues to facilitate the progress of the project.
- Selection of civil and construction materials of similar quality as per the specification in coordination with the consultant.
- Performing technical testing for civil and structural materials used in the project by neutral laboratories or in coordination with the College of Engineering and to make sure that the efficiency if necessary.
- Preparing lists of needed repairs or unfinished works for the civil and construction work in coordination with the consultant, the contractor and the Maintenance Department.
- issuance of the certificate for completion of temporary works in coordination with the consultant.
- issuance of the certificate for completion of the final works of the contractor, in coordination with other departments and the consultant.