The Bachelor of Science in Statistics Programme
Requirements for Majoring in Statistics
- Basic Required Courses: LANC2058 and STAT2101 plus Two Introductory Science Courses
- Minimum Required Grade Score of C in STAT2101.
- Minimum CGPA of 2.00
BSc Statistics Program Objectives
- To provide graduates with a coherent knowledge of Statistics, both in breadth and depth, on the principles and practice of the subjects;
- To produce graduates who can apply their mathematical knowledge effectively in interdisciplinary areas;
- To produce graduates with good communication skills;
- To produce graduates who are able to apply their acquired knowledge and skills in Statistics to solving real life problems;
- To produce graduates prepared for life-long learning and subsequent graduate studies;
- To produce graduates who can think analytically and critically.
BSc Statistics Programme Outcomes
- The ability to apply the knowledge and skills acquired in statistics to solving real life problems.
- The ability to identify, formulate and solve mathematical and/or statistical problems.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of different audiences.
- The ability to collect, organize, analyze and interpret data in statistical settings.
- The ability to write reports clearly, legibly and systematically.
- The ability to function effectively as a team player to accomplish a common goal.
- The desire for self-improvement, and to seek more knowledge and skills in mathematics and/or statistics.
- The ability to reach out and cope with complexities of interdisciplinary applications.
- The ability to understand and protect of professional responsibilities.
- The ability to think analytically and critically, and to engage in innovative applications of mathematics and statistics in diverse areas.
Ronald Wesonga (PhD. Stat.)
Department of Statistics,
Office Number: 0203 (Ground Floor)