Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) is the National University of the Sultanate of Oman. It is located within the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas The College of Science at SQU provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs, and range of service courses. The language of instruction is English. The department of Mathematics and Statistics is one of the largest departments in the University. The university and the Research Council of Oman provide research funding.
The Department is inviting applications for FALL 2018, to the following positions:
- Assistant /Associate/ Professor of Statistics. The Professor is expected to play a leading role in research, curriculum development and mentoring junior academics. In addition the candidates should have:
- Good record of teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Good experience in graduate supervision.
- Proven ability to deliver innovative research across multiple areas of the discipline.
- Demonstrated success in attracting research funding from a variety of sources.
- Good experience in departmental and other university committees.
The same abilities are sought in Assistant/Associate positions at a level expected for the position applied for internationally.
2. Associate professor in the area of Financial Mathematics. In addition to the requirements above, the candidate is expected to play a leading role in curriculum development of a financial mathematics degree program.
3. Assistant Professors in Mathematics
Applicants should demonstrate excellence in teaching and research. Successful candidates are expected to:
- Teach both undergraduate and postgraduate level courses.
- Supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate projects.
- Engage in scholarly research activities leading to publications in refereed international journals.
- Play an important role in research, curriculum development, graduate supervision and attracting research funding.
Appointees are entitled to tax-free salary, free and furnished accommodation, a renewable contract with end-of-service gratuity, annual leave with return air tickets for spouse and up to two children below 18 years and free medical services in government hospitals in the country.