Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) is the National University of the Sultanate of Oman. It is located within the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas The College of Science at SQU provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs, and range of service courses. The language of instruction is English. The department of Mathematics and Statistics is one of the largest departments in the University. The university and the Research Council of Oman provide research funding.
Email the completed Application Form together with an updated CV, Statement of teaching philosophy and long-term research goals to email@example.com by September 9, 2018 at the latest.
The Department is inviting applications for Fall 2019, to the following positions:
- Professor of Statistics. The Professor is expected to play a leading role in research, curriculum development and mentoring junior academics. In addition the candidates should have:
- Extensive experience in graduate supervision.
- Proven ability to deliver innovative research across multiple areas of Statistics.
- Demonstrated success in attracting research funding from a variety of sources.
2. Assistant /Associate Professors in the areas of Statistics, Mathematics and Financial Mathematics.
- Candidates are expected to have;
- Good record of teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Good experience in graduate supervision.
- Good research record.
- Good experience in departmental and other university committees.
In Statistics, preference will be given to candidates with active research in sample surveys, nonparametric, Bayesian and computational Statistics.
In Mathematics, preference will be given to candidates with active research in Algebra and Discrete Mathematics.
In Financial Mathematics, the successful candidate is expected to play a leading role in curriculum development of a financial mathematics degree program
Applicants should demonstrate excellence in teaching and research. Successful candidates are expected to:
- Teach both undergraduate and postgraduate level courses.
- Supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate projects.
- Engage in scholarly research activities leading to publications in refereed international journals.
- Play an important role in research, curriculum development, graduate supervision and attracting research funding.
Appointees are entitled to tax-free salary, free and furnished accommodation, a renewable contract with end-of-service gratuity, annual leave with return air tickets for spouse and up to two children below 18 years and free medical services in government hospitals in the country.