Department Advisory Boards are the focal communication channels that enhance partnership between the University and various stakeholders & societal establishments. These advisory boards enable such institutions to offer advice, consultation and feedback on a number of areas related to teaching, research and community service activities. This feedback greatly helps to improve the quality of teaching and learning, research and community service, and helps to enhance cooperation between relevant institutions nationally, regionally and internationally.
The ECE Department Advisory Board Responsibilities are listed below:
- Offer consultations to the ECE Department Board on academic, research and community service plans.
- Suggest ways of developing and enhancing field training.
- Offer suggestions on increasing employment opportunities for Department graduates and on enhancing the labor market skills of graduating students.
- Enhance cooperation between the ECE Department and other institutions.
- Support the ECE Department activities and interaction with the society.
- Showcase the ECE Department achievements and activities to the society and to relevant institutions.
- Help the ECE Department get funding for infrastructure, research grants, scholarships and donations.
- Help the ECE department in soliciting funds for scholarships and endowments.
- Help in placing students for work experience programs.
ECED Advisory Board Members (updated: February 2020)