The College of Education at Sultan Qaboos University, in cooperation with the Center for Community Service and Continuing Education, has taken the initiative to organize an annual community service program with the participation of all departments of the college. Selection of topics is based on the Community Service Database of the College of Education and in consultation with members of the Community Service committee.
Objectives of the Annual Community Service Program:
- Building awareness of the importance of social responsibility among university employees and the external community.
- Creating a channel of communication with the external community and meeting its needs for training programs.
- Teaching and training the concept of community service.
- Providing opportunities for university employees to practice social responsibility and build community partnerships.
- Supporting and developing initiatives of university employees in social responsibility.
- Appreciating the effective contributions of university employees in social responsibility.
Procedures for implementing the Annual Community Service Program:
- Refer to the community service database of the college to identify one topic from each department of the college.
- Coordinate with the heads of the community service committees in all eight departments of the college to confirm the topics proposed by the Assistant Dean's Office for Training and Community Service.
- Create an initial schedule for the program.
- Communicate with the workshop presenters to ensure that the time is suitable for them to implement the program.
- Coordinate with the Community Service and Continuing Education Center to design an advertisement for the program and links to the Zoom platform for each lecture/workshop.
- Coordinate with the Community Service and Continuing Education Center to help advertise the program and promote it.
- Coordinate with the Postgraduate Students Liaison Committee to give them the opportunity to participate in both presenting and chairing the workshops and with the Education Technology Student Group for any required technical support.
- Disseminate the announcement of the program to the external community in several ways, such as e-mails and social media.
- Conduct the program according to the schedule prepared and get participants to evaluate it using a special form prepared for this purpose.
- Print letters of thanks and certificates of appreciation to the presenters of the workshops and everyone who participated in organizing the program.
The College of Education’s Annual Community Service Program for 2022
The College of Education’s Annual Community Service Program for 2023
Statistics on faculty community service activities for 2018-2019
Statistics on faculty community service activities for 2019-2020
Statistics on faculty community service activities for 2020-2021
Statistics on faculty community service activities for 2021-2022