Field Experience and Student Teaching Unit is committed to providing and organizing a variety of professional development and support activities for various teacher preparation program partners, which includes candidates, cooperating teachers and supervisors. The activities vary between learning and professional development activities, and a supportive activity which is provided to enable partners to learn about their roles in partnership and to perform their responsibilities to the fullest. As that, all training partners contribute to the presentation of these workshops in coordination with the Unit.
The unit organizes and participates in the provision of the activities of the preparatory program for field training candidates at the beginning of the field training class in cooperation with the specialized committees of academic programs of the College, the Advisory Committee for Field Training and Partner Schools. The preparatory programme for field training candidates aims to prepare them to pass field experience by distinguishing and bridging potential gaps in their professional preparation and achieving the following objectives, which are the general mentors of the programme:
- Introducing the course of field training in general and its mechanisms and controls.
- Provide general guidance and instructions on field training.
- Promoting the professional values of candidates and linking them to the effectiveness of teaching.
- Clarifying the functions of field training candidates in the partner schools and in the field training course.
- Introducing some of the ministry's regulations that the candidate must adhere to in partner schools.
- Introducing evaluation tools and evaluation criteria in field training (includes the definition of the comprehensive achievement profile, its philosophy, goals, and requirements).
- Deepening the candidates' understanding of the concept framework of the college and its implications for their professional preparation and evaluation.
- Enhancing the understanding of candidates for standards of preparing teachers in their specializations and their implications for their professional preparation and evaluation.
- Giving candidates some of the necessary skills for professional practice in education, which are achieved by giving them:
- Thinking skills and reflective teaching.
- Important skills for conduct Action Research.
- The ability to have an effective plan (which includes planning according to the standards of teaching the major, and effective teaching methods).
- Knowledge of technological applications in teaching and evaluating learning in the major.
- The program should be integrated and based on what the teachers see as appropriate for candidates' needs, that's according to their previous experiences and to the performance of candidates in the previous courses. Also, in light of the developments in teaching the specialization and the requirements of the blended education system.
- The program achieves its objectives through joint responsibility between the program’s specialized committees, the field training unit, and training partners, represented by the ministry’s committees which is responsible for activating cooperation between the college and the ministry. In addition to the college’s departments and the departments provided for the specialist component of each program from other colleges if necessary.
- Program planning: The field training unit coordinates with the concerned authorities to provide the general components of the program, while the specialized programs coordinate the specialized component workshops.
Workshops provided from 2016 to 2021
The unit begins its organization of professional development activities provided to cooperating teachers from the principle of mutual benefit between partners and the exchange of experiences, so it is committed to providing opportunities for annual professional development for teachers cooperating in collaboration with experts in the academic departments of the college and other departments in addition to various university units, beneficiaries are coordinated to identify their interests and training needs, invite specialists to provide professional activities that respond to these needs and interests, as well as organize supporting workshops to enable them to perform as collaborative teachers for college candidates in field training.
List of workshops titles submitted from 2016 to 2021
The Field Experience and Student Teaching Unit plays the role of the general organizer of the student teaching program, tracking developments and recommendations issued by the various college committees and the development of the program in its light, It then organizes meetings and workshops for the college's supervisors, especially the supervisors used by the College from the Ministry of Education, the Specialized Institute of Vocational Training for Teachers and some other higher education institutions as recruits to supervise the college's candidates in field training, The unit also organizes workshops provided by partners to the college's supervisors to inform them of the latest education in the Ministry of Education. As example, workshops for various Google classroom platform applications, and other requirements of the stage. The workshops and supporting activities more frequently are the following:
- Introductory meeting with field training and its requirements.
- Comprehensive Achievement File Workshop.
- Evaluation workshop using evaluation forms on the Moodle platform.